Well, the day has finally arrived! My latest EP featuring, some really good remixes by DJ Hidden, +verb, HavocNdeeD, and TZR + Press is out. I’m stoked to finally get this one out, as we had some delays, but pushing forward we managed to get this one loose into the wild!
Big thanks goes out to the guest artists who created some amazing remixes, and of course, to all the fans who’s support continues to motivate me throughout the years.
Check out the clips and promo vid below!
We’re starting our Friday off with a hot new mix from ill-Legal?, brought to you by Theoretic Records. This mix is sexy, funky and energetic, and sure to be a welcome addition to your music library..
The mix is the first of the In Theory Sessions – look for more in the future from artists on the label, as well as Arizona locals.
01. Clinton Sparks – Run This City
02. Ben Samples – Wanted Dead or Alive
03. Queen – We Will Rock You (J.me J Rmx)
04. Nosaj Thing – Coat of Arms (Boreta Rmx)
05. Innit – Tarnival
06. DMG$ – Follow the Leader (Mexicans With Guns Rmx)
07. Lorn – Greatest Silence
08. Jeannie Ortaga – Crowded (Instrumental)
09. Elephant Man vs. Ed O.G. – Haters Want a War/Just Call My Name (Adam John Masher)
10. Ben Samples – Drop Bombs
11. Nasty Ways – Schopwrekka
12. Ango The Merciless – Fuckthat
13. Unknown – Document 74
14. KRS-One – Krush Them
15. King Fantastic – All Black Ying Yang (The Party Song)
16. Minnesota – Original Gangsta
17. Ana Sia – Voodoo Love
18. Runge Kutta & D-Theory – Say What (Original Mix)
19. Omega – DADstep
20. EPROM – Humanoid
21. Wu-Tang Clan – Let’s Get It (Evol Intent Rmx)
22. Stephan Jacobs – Notorious Thugs
23. Rob Sparx – Casino
24. Bird Peterson – Zutopong (Akira Kiteshi VIP)
25. Bare and Messinian – Thugs In The Hood
26. Jammer – Better Than (Lorn Rmx)
Set to release on June 20th, Theoretic is proud to present De Novo Creation!
Full release will be available at:
Digital-Tunes.net | Addictech.com | JunoDownload.com
De Novo Creation EP is the debut self-titled release from Theoretic Records’ newest artist. Hailing from Bloomington, Indiana, De Novo Creation produces an organic blend of psychedelic dubstep, trip hop and experimental electronica.
With skittish beats under dreamlike top-end explorations, De Novo Creation’s music stretches easily between genres, hooking the listener into sharing the same tall view of the sonic universe. Each of the two tracks feels like an expedition and is designed with a storyteller’s finesse from start to finish.
1. Shaved Lace – With an expansive warehouse vibe the intro track “Shaved Lace” begins forcefully with an atmosphere of drum and bass. Syncopated snare work and futuristic tones churn together, building tension as the shimmering synths halo outward. Soon a chunky beat takes over, injecting an organic warmth to the track as it evolves into a gentle ending.
2. Stray – Heftier and full of strange sounds squeezed from the brain of a space-traveling robot, “Stray” is slower and more pensive, with an emotional thread that pushes its way in through the sure-footed frequencies. Leaning towards trip hop and using off-kiltered beats to keep things interesting, the track becomes insistently more energetic before finally echoing away.
As a big ‘THANK YOU’ to all of our supporters, we are giving away a free remix of Stray by TooMuchPorn! Grab the download below!
UK Thursdays and Theoretic Records have joined up to bring out Mochipet on May 5th! This will be his first show in Arizona, and it’s sure to be epic. Known worldwide for rocking crowds in his purple dinosaur costume, we are excited to have him touch down in Tempe to bring his unique and exciting brand of electronic music and lazer bass.
School of Rock (Formerly Cherry)
411 S. Mill Ave
Tempe, AZ 85282
As always 18+ to step | 21+ to stumble
Doors open at 9:30 for CINCO DE DRINKO!!! With $2 Coronas, $3 Tequila Sunrises, & $1.50 PBRs!
Daily + Raz
In the “Drum and Drinko Lounge”:
Skematix + Robo/Tech
Plus live art from Griffin One!
For more info visit: ukthursdays.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Theoretic Records proudly presents the debut release of, Timely Aiah!
From the shadows of Saint Petersburg, Russia, Timely Aiah makes his
Theoretic debut with ‘Jesus Against Vice & Disease’, an eclectic
mid-tempo release squarely aimed at the cerebellum.
His use of distorted textures and brooding cinematic orchestrations delicately
layered on top of shifting beats emote a sullen landscape inhabited by
angelic voices with hints of vocals bubbling just below the surface.
As with most Theoretic releases, ‘Jesus Against Vice & Disease’ is a
must have for any connoisseur of the musically avant-garde.
This release is available exclusively at Addictech.com
Artist: Timely Aiah
Title: Jesus Against Vice and Disease
Painting by Erika Jaynes (aka Queenloopy)
Coming June 4th! J.me.J brings us some serious funky, glitchy & bass grinding beats.
With the release of Under Construction, Theoretic Records brings you a fresh take on glitch hop, a sound that everyone is hungry for but no one seems to be delivering. The two tracks ricochet off each other well, showcasing two distinct sides of J.me.J’s deep production talent along with his musical and technical versatility.
Head on over to Theoretic’s SoundCloud and give the clips a listen!
J.me.J – Under Construction (June 4th, 2010) Exclusively on Addictech.com
1. Under Construction
2. I Can Fly…
Theoretic Records invades The Pound once again for a bass onslaught to remember. This round up will feature long-time DJ Ariel, our good friend Ill-Legal? and myself. Look forward to a night of glitched out beats, dubstep basslines and drum and bass to get your week started off right. The Pound resident Horror will also be in attendance this evening!
Don’t miss this night!
Out now Theoretic Records, my latest release “Wallow In Change”.
This new dubstep release features some dark, grimey and glitched out beats for the dubstep masses. Change is a bit of a roller with some morphing, neuro influenced basslines that are wrapped up nicely with my typical eerie and atmospheric sound. Wallow tends to float around on the IDM range, but still retains that dancefloor vibe with a nasty bassline keeping things intact. Glitch drums and atmospheres with a side of funk thrown in to keep it all interesting.
Artwork by Ghostmeat (Claudia Miranda)
Mastering by EvilBase (Frank Mendez)
Adam John – Change
Adam John – Wallow
| DOWNLOAD | [ right click, and hit "save as" to download ]
01 busdriver ft. nocando – least favorite rapper (megman remix)
02 nastynasty – no names
03 samples – players anthem
04 adam john – show me
05 marty party – gangsteppin
06 dead prez – hip hop (jmej remix)
07 adam john – tear this up
08 bluetech – waiting for initiation
09 adam john – fall in
10 adam john – untitled
11 vent – shape without color
12 heyoka – ned
13 adam john – change
14 bassist and triage – jonestown
15 bare noize – hangover
16 barbarix – sewer grime
17 mochipet – marshall bass stack (kraddy remix)
18 biome – scoundrel
19 adam john – the little one
20 fused forces – boy cried wolf
21 press – frozen
22 adam john – wallow
23 nit grit – hyphycide